Carrier Board RB-120 for Nvidia TX1/2
RB-120 carrier board for the NVIDIA Jetson TX1/TX2
The RB-120 carrier board turns the Jetson TX1 or TX2 compute module into a super-mini-computer for desktop usage and for integration into UAVs and drones. You get access to the Support Page for downloading the latest firmware to support all JetPacks versions.
It is very compact. It has the same height as the TX1/TX2 (50 mm) and extends to one side to make space for standard connectors for Gigabit Ethernet, two USB 3 type A and mini HDMI.
It features one M.2 type M slot for ultra fast SSDs (2280 form factor) which is connected via 4 PCIe lanes to achieve a read and write performance up to 2500 Mbyte/s
Technical details (mechanical)
- model: 38198-3
- size: 50 x 110 mm (same width as TX1/TX2)
- height: 16 mm (incl. TX1/TX2 without heatsink plus height of bottom side components of RB-120)
- height: 21 mm (incl. TX1/TX2 without heatsink and height of bottom side components of RB-120)
- weight: est. 40 grams (just the RB-120)
- TX1 weight: 144 gr (TX1 with heatsink), 75 gr (TX1/TX2 w/o heatsink)
- mounting: 4 M3 holes with 3.2mm each (42 x 79 mm spacing – 4 mm from the edge)
Do you need an TX2 GPU Module for this board?
You can order the TX2 Module in one order where we mount the Module on the RB-120 Board. Please note that every TX2 Module is not flashed with any software. Order TX2 Module here.
The RB-120 features CAN controllers which are connected via the SPI interface. A bug in the TX1 prohibits the use of spidev0.0. If it is accessed then the spidev0.1 is blocked. Please see the technical reference manual for details. So for CAN to work, the CAN controller 1 chip has to be physically removed. Only one CAN interface is supported (CAN2). So the RB-120 rev 3 is only equipped with one CAN interface. This is still under investigation and might be fixed in the future.